Investors in People goal set by new Learning and Development team
As part of our substantial investment in staff, we have formed a new learning and development team that will help to nurture and develop talent throughout all levels of our business. The team has an important role within the future growth of the company and its areas of focus are shown below. It will:
- work hard to develop a clear career pathway of opportunity for all employees
- upgrade our induction process for each job role in the business
- introduce a more structured training pathway for new and existing staff
- act as ambassadors to our newly launched Mission and Values
- embed a culture of evaluation so we can learn from all that we do
- report to the Board to ensure our development and training strategy remains in line with the business strategy
In an unprecedented move, it is also working towards MiHomecare, Complete Care and The Care Agency being awarded an Investors in People Accreditation.
Investors in People is a standard awarded to organisations that can demonstrate they know what it takes to lead, support and manage people for sustained success.
Based on a tried and tested framework and a rigorous process of assessment, organisations that meet the Investors in People Standard proudly display their accreditation to the world because they understand that it’s people that make the difference.
Jane Childs, Head of Learning and Development said: “Our Mission statement is to ‘provide care you would choose for a loved one’ and our goal is to help our staff to achieve this standard. This means equipping them with the very best in learning and development and ensuring that we deliver best practice in all areas.
"This level of focussed investment in staff learning and development means that we can start working to our first Investors in People standard. We should be proud that we are now in a position where we are equipped to make this move and I look forward to keeping everybody updated on our progress in this area."Jane Childs - Head of Learning and Development